Friday, January 16, 2009

International Commencement Party host by Lyon 3



So last night was an amazing night out. Lyon 3 (my university) hosted the party at a private club, sounds spendy and luxurious but it definitely wasn't! There was a free coat check and the first drink was free but it was crappy beer or horrible sangria (well free as in I paid 6euro to get in). Anyway the night took a while to get going because it was the first mixing of the SELF (English only classes) and DEUF (French only classes) students so a lot of people didnt know each other and there are a lot more SELF students than DEUF. But the night eventually got going and everyone was dancing and it was really nice because you knew that everyone there was from the same university and in the same position of not really knowing that many people. It was also nice to know that there werent any creepers and all the music reflected the fact that we were from all over the world.
On the way home after the club was slowing down at 3:30, apparently an early night in France we decided to walk to a friends apartment since ALL of the public transports STOPS at 1am. How that makes sense I will never understand but we walked for at least 2-3 miles. And the girls, Alice and Judit were talking and walking so slow so it took forever. After a good hour and a half of walking we finally stopped at a metro stop because it was going to open in 15 minutes. So I took the metro to Gorge de Loup (my metro stop) and found that my bus didnt come for another 35 minutes and seeing how it was 5:23 in the morning and I was freezing I didnt really want to wait. So I hopped on another bus that has one similar stop to my bus but because the scrolling sign telling us where we were was broken and there obviously werent that many people waiting for the bus it didnt take very long and I missed the stop. So I had to walk back to where I was supposed to stop and then up the hill to the house so I finally got home a little before 6am and went straight to bed. And then Gregoire woke me up at 1:30pm while he was singing because he thought he was alone in the house. Hilarious
Oh and to add to the night when the metro opened I turned around on the stairs inside the station and grabbed the handrail which was still wet with a horrid orange paint. There werent any signs or anything I was so upset because I thought I had ruined my leather gloves (well dad's leather gloves, thanks for letting me borrow them!) but luckily I was able to get it all off as well as off the sleeve of my jacket. ugh pas bon chance!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh , come on. We weren't that slow... And what's more, we were just talking about such unimportant, girlsh things like nail polish, that you wouldn't have been interested in... are you?
    Anyway, nice little blog. Don't give up, as I did when I was in Belgium... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a crazy night out. Let's see 6am there, around 10 here, yep I was going to bed then too. Luckily you got the paint off. I would have been so upset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin I love your blog!! I promise to keep looking. I will sign up too. But I'm out today and don't have my google user name & password memorized. Who knows that stuff without a list anyway? Your pink room is spendid. Suits you well. Not! We miss just knowing you are in town.....
    Ramie

    ReplyDelete
  4. c'est un peu plus tard pour faire un commentaire, mais: pardon, je ne savais pas que nous avons te dérangé...

    ReplyDelete