Friday, January 16, 2009

French house




Oh here are pictures of the outside of my house in France and my room/bathroom. The bathroom is in a door that looks like a closet and I think it used to be one because there is an identical set of doors on the other side of the wall and I believe its about the same size. Either way its big enough and really nice to have my own shower because the rest of the family shares a bathroom! Such luxury I have. The circular thing in front of the house is a pool but now its more like an ice skating rink.
The building to the left is the house and the building straight ahead are the garages. Its hard to see the separation in the buildings and Ill try to post a better picture soon but its the best I have right now. For the garages, the one on the far right used to be used to dye clothes and there is a huge concrete tub and chimney for heating the water and everything. The middle garage used to be the horse stable and I believe the one on the far left used to be for all the saddles and riding equipment. Then above the garages are apartments that are connected to the house by a walkway that goes through Gregoire's room, which I know means nothing to you but oh well, and Im assuming used to be the servants quarters. The house was built in the late 1800's and the garage was built in the 1600's and served a massive mansion that was torn down.
Oh just an aside, a toilet (a modern one) froze the other night in the garage and caused a water line to burst upstairs so Wednesday we spent the afternoon hauling everything out of the garage and assessing the damage. Florence (the mom) has some amazing old furniture in the garages and luckily nothing was damaged so that was good but it was so cold! Fortunately we just had to throw out some old toys that the boys dont play with anymore and some boxes but everything else was spared.

5 comments:

  1. Take pictures of your family! I want to see what they all look like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love that your room is pink! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, fun to have you in the blog world! I love all the pics you have posted here and it will be really fun to read up on all of your adventures! Scott and I have one too, www.scottandbrianne.blogspot.com. Keep it up Mr. Frenchpants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when you said your room is pink, I didn't know it was that much! hehe
    although your house has a different style from mine, we have the same bed!! it's the same! Maybe this kind of sheet was at the "soldes"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the perfect size for when we get married!

    ReplyDelete